Are you ready to take your latte game to the next level? Then you have to try this Matcha Dalgona Latte. It’s a dreamy combination of sweet matcha, fluffy dalgona coffee, and creamy milk, all served over ice.
- Super fluffy dalgona coffee: Get that dreamy texture with a simple 1:1:2 ratio of instant coffee, sugar, and hot water.
- Layered perfection: Matcha at the bottom, milk in the middle, and dalgona on top – each sip is a delightful explosion of flavors.
- Quick & easy: Whip up this latte in under 10 minutes, no fancy equipment needed (just a handheld milk frother if you have one).
- Customizable: Use any kind of milk you like, adjust the sweetness to your taste, and even add extra toppings like whipped cream or drizzles.
- Instant coffee: Choose spray-dried for optimal frothing. Greek instant coffee works great!
- Matcha: Look for a vibrant green matcha for the best flavor and quality.
- Milk: Any kind works, from whole milk to plant-based alternatives.
- Ice: Essential for keeping the layers separate and your latte nice and cold.
- Dalgona Time: Combine instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a tall container. Whip with your handheld milk frother until soft peaks form. Rinse the frother and use it to whip up the matcha and sugar too.
- Sweeten Up the Matcha: Whip matcha, sugar, and water in a separate container until there are no clumps. Remember, a brighter green matcha usually means better quality.
- Let’s Assemble: Pour the sweetened matcha into a cup filled with ice. Slowly add the milk on top of the ice, not directly on the matcha, to keep the layers defined. Spoon the fluffy dalgona coffee on top, and voila!
- Stir & Sip: Give it a quick stir before taking that first sip and savor the explosion of sweet matcha, creamy milk, and fluffy coffee heaven.
Make Your Dalgona Fluffy!
|Regular Dalgona Coffee
|Fluffy Dalgona Coffee
|Extra Fluffy Dalgona Coffee
Notes & Tips
- Sweetness is key: Make sure the bottom matcha layer is sweeter than the milk to balance the flavors.
- Ice is your friend: Use enough ice to keep the layers separate and your latte nice and cold.
- Get frothy: A handheld milk frother makes things super easy, but you can also use a whisk or even a fork (it’ll take some elbow grease though!).
- Double the dalgona: Want an extra-fluffy cloud of coffee on top? Double the amount of dalgona ingredients for ultimate whipped goodness.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Using the wrong instant coffee: Freeze-dried coffee won’t froth as well as spray-dried.
- Not sweetening the matcha enough: A bland matcha will throw off the balance of the drink.
- Pouring milk directly on the matcha: This will muddy the layers and make your latte less visually appealing.
Storing and Preserving
- Any leftover dalgona coffee can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just re-whip it before using.
- The matcha mixture can also be stored in the fridge for a few days, but the color may dull slightly.
- Best to make the latte fresh for the best texture and flavor.
- Dalgona coffee originated in South Korea and its name means “That’s sweet” in Korean.
- The name “dalgona” comes from the Korean word for “honeycomb candy,” which the whipped coffee resembles.
- This latte is a trendy and delicious way to combine two popular caffeinated beverages.
Questions You May Have
1. Is there caffeine in this drink?
Yes, quite a bit! Both matcha and instant coffee have caffeine, so this latte packs a punch.
2. Can I use any kind of milk?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different milks like oat, almond, or even coconut milk.
3. How can I make the whipped coffee so fluffy?
Using the right ratio of ingredients (1:1:2) and whipping it for long enough are key. You can also try adding a pinch of cream of tartar for extra stability.
Fluffy Iced Matcha Dalgona LatteCourse: DrinksCuisine: Korean
A cloudy and fluffy layered iced latte made with matcha and Dalgona coffee.
- Dalgona Coffee: Combine instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a tall container. Whip with a frother or whisk until stiff peaks form (light brown, tripled in volume).
- Sweetened Matcha: Combine matcha, sugar, and water in another container. Whip with a frother or whisk until frothy and green.
- Assemble: Pour matcha into a glass filled with ice. Top with milk slowly to maintain layers. Spoon dalgona coffee on top. Enjoy!
- For extra decadent/caffeinated, double the dalgona coffee ingredients.
- Use creamier milk for richer lattes.
- Chill glasses for an extra refreshing drink.